Last Updated: April 26, 2022
- About Us
- What Information Do We Collect?
- Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- What Information Do We Share or Disclose to Others?
- Links to Third Party Websites
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Social Media Features
- Your Privacy Rights
- How to Contact Us
- Retention of Personal Information
- Information About Minors
- International Data Transfers
- visit any of our websites (such as https://mixhalo.com/); visit our social media pages; receive communications from us; or register for, attend and/or otherwise take part in any of our events (collectively “Visitors”); and
- register to or otherwise use the Mixhalo mobile application (the "Service") in a sporting, musical, concert, or any other such event sponsored by one of our business partners or event organizers; or if you use the Service as an applicant, team member or employee of one of our business partners or event organizers (collectively "Users")
"You" may, depending on the context, be a Visitor or a User of one or more of the Mixhalo Services.
2. ABOUT US
We are Mixhalo, a company headquartered in the United States. Mixhalo enables live event organizers to give audiences exactly what they came for, by delivering high-quality, real-time audio directly via a mobile app to attendees’ own phones and headphones (the "Mixhalo Services"). Whether it’s a concert, a sporting event, a political speech or a conference, Mixhalo-powered events give every seat access to a better, more immersive audio experience.
You can find out more about us and the Mixhalo Services here.
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Mixhalo and the choices you make (including your privacy settings), the products and features you use, your location and applicable law.
A. Information We Collect
(i) Information You Provide to Us
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to subscribe to marketing communications from us, to participate in user research, and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information. The Personal Information we collect includes:
- Professional or employment-related information, such as company name, job level, functional role and title
- Inferences, such as your usage or contact preferences
- Any other information you provide to us when completing any "free text" boxes in our forms or when you interact with us in the context of troubleshooting and support
If you are a User you (or your team administrator) may provide certain Personal Information to us through the Mixhalo Services - for example, when you download the Mixhalo app or register for a Mixhalo account to access and use the Mixhalo Services, when you consult with customer support or send us an email or communicate with us in any way (for example, to make a support request).
The Personal Information we collect may include:
- Registration, account, and sign-up Information, including information about you when you register or sign up with us for our Services (e.g. name, username, social media name or handle, password, email, contact details, date of birth or age)
- General identifiers (such as your name, last name, and e-mail address);
- Marketing information (such as your contact preferences);
- Business contact information (such as your name, job title, organization, phone number, email address and country);
- Troubleshooting and support data (which is data you provide or we otherwise access in connection with support queries we receive from you. This may include, for example, contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with Mixhalo, and the product or service you are using related to your help inquiry); and
- Billing information (including your credit card numbers and associated identifiers, billing address and background information, but only where you pay for the Mixhalo Services).
(ii) Information We Collect Automatically
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like:
- Your IP address
- Device type and operating system
- Unique device identification numbers
- Broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information.
When you use or interact with the Mixhalo Services, we automatically collect or receive certain information through our Services and through other technologies (such as cookies) about your device and usage of the Mixhalo Services. In some (but not all) countries, including countries in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), UK and Switzerland, this information is considered 'personal data' under data protection laws. Please see the section on Cookies below for more information.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and usage data, which is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use the Mixhalo Services and which we record in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the time stamps associated with your usage, audio optimization, error messages, and other actions you take).
- Device data, such information about your device type (Android or iOS) you use to access the Mixhalo Services. This device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, referral source, and campaign IDs.
- Location data, such as information about your device's precise GPS location, but only for purposes of confirming whether your device's location falls within the approved range of an event. You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Mixhalo Services.
This information is used to:
- maintain the security of the Mixhalo Services;
- provide necessary functionality;
- improve performance of the Mixhalo Services;
- assess and improve the User's experience of the Mixhalo Services;
- review compliance with applicable usage terms;
- identify future opportunities for development of the Mixhalo Services;
- assess capacity requirements;
- identify customer opportunities and for the security of Mixhalo generally (in addition to the security of the Mixhalo Services); and
- analyze overall trends, to help us provide and improve the Mixhalo Services, and to guarantee their security and proper functioning.
(iii) Information We Collect from Third Parties
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including Apple or Google, or from our business partners whose events you may attend), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us. In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers and services to you and update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. This information may include your: mailing address, job title, functional role, business email, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), IP addresses, social media profiles, social media URLs and custom profile. We process this data for the purposes of: updating our records; targeted advertising; event promotion; optimizing our sites and the Mixhalo Services; and for our sales and marketing activities, including to send marketing emails.
5. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Mixhalo processes personal information for the following business and commercial purposes, and if you are a resident in the EEA or UK, on the legal basis identified below:
- Providing our websites and Mixhalo Services: In reliance on our legitimate interest, we process your personal information to operate and administer our websites, and to provide, operate, and maintain the Mixhalo Services;
- Communicating with you about the Mixhalo Services: We may send you service, technical and other administrative email, messages and similar notifications in reliance on our legitimate interests in administering the Mixhalo Services and providing certain features. Some of these communications are considered part of the Mixhalo Services and in most cases you cannot opt-out of them. If an opt-out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself;
- Providing necessary functionality: We process your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interest to provide you with the necessary functionality required during your use of our websites and Mixhalo Services.
- Transactional considerations: We process your personal information to complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices, to perform our contract with you and to the extent necessary in reliance on our legitimate interest;
- Handling contact and support requests: If you fill out a “Contact Us” web form or request support as a User, or if you contact us by other means including via a phone call, we process your Personal Information to perform our contract with you and/or (if we have not entered into a contract with you) to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you;
- Developing and improving our websites and services: We process your Personal Information to analyze trends and to track your usage of and interactions with our websites, marketing activities, and Mixhalo Services to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing, improving and troubleshooting our websites, marketing activities and the Mixhalo Services and providing you with more relevant content and service offerings, or where necessary, in reliance on your consent;
- Sending marketing communications: We will process your Personal Information for marketing purposes in accordance with your preferences, such as to communicate with you via email, social media platforms, SMS, or telephone about services, features, surveys, newsletters, promotions or events we think may be of interest to you and/or to provide other news or information about Mixhalo and/or our select partners, in each case in reliance on our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or where necessary with your consent. Please see the "Your Privacy Rights" section below, to learn how you can control the processing of your Personal Information by Mixhalo for marketing purposes;
- Displaying personalized advertisements and content: We may process your Personal Information to conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our websites and to provide other personalized content based upon your activities and interests to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in supporting our marketing activities or advertising the Mixhalo Services or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior consent (please see the "Your Privacy Rights" section, below, to learn how you can control how the processing of your Personal Information for personalized advertising purposes);
- Promoting the security of our websites and services: To the extent necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting the safety and security of our websites and services, we use your Personal Information to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the websites, Mixhalo Services, and other illegal activities;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and features, enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services, identifying usage trends and expanding our business activities in reliance on our legitimate interests; and
- Complying with legal obligations: We process your Personal Information when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Information to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our websites, the Mixhalo Services, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
- Reviewing compliance with applicable usage terms: We process your Personal Information to review compliance with our contract with you or your organization (where applicable) to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure adherence to the relevant terms; and
- Other purposes: We will process your Personal Information for other purposes about which we notify you in advance, or for which we receive your consent.
6. WHAT INFORMATION WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE TO OTHERS?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- Third Parties: to our group companies, third party service providers and partners. In order to provide our websites and the Mixhalo Services to you and undertake our marketing and business activities, it may be necessary for us to disclose your information to contracted third parties and service provider partners who perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include payment providers (to authorize, record, settle and clear payment card transactions); cloud hosting providers (to provide data storage and processing services); communications providers (to process new queries and to manage our emails); and analytics companies to perform analysis. These third-party service providers or vendors may use data we provide to them only as instructed by Mixhalo.
- Law Enforcement: to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- Others: to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
7. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
8. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information Our program includes appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards, procedures and practices to protect Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, however, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website or the Mixhalo Services, please contact us using the information below, under "How to Contact Us".
Any suspicious activity regarding your account, including automated messages or calls from parties you cannot identify, should be reported to your site administrator and Mixhalo using the contact information below.
10. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
When acting as a controller, and depending on your location, your jurisdiction, and subject to applicable law, you may have the rights below with regard to the Personal Information we control about you. We will respond to your requests within the appropriate timeline under applicable law.
- The right of access means that you have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we have collected, used and disclosed about you. You can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "How to Contact Us" heading below.
- The right of deletion means that you have the right to request that we delete Personal Information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions. As mentioned above, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "How to Contact Us" heading below.
- You can also ask us to correct or update your Personal Information; object to the processing of your personal information; ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request the portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "How to Contact Us" heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you, or you can contact us using the contact information below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland are available here.)
- Mixhalo does not engage in any automated decision making with User Personal Information.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US
You can exercise your rights yourself or depending on your country or state, you may be able to designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. Please note that to protect your personal information, we will verify your identity by a method appropriate to the type of request you are making.
Please use the contact details below, if you would like to:
- Access this policy in an alternative format;
- Exercise your rights; or
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Address: 301 8th Street, Suite 205
San Francisco, CA 94103
12. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the services that you have requested, comply with any laws or regulations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Mixhalo may retain your data longer for a legitimate business interest where business benefit is not outweighed by your personal rights and freedoms.
13. INFORMATION ABOUT MINORS
Our website and Services are not targeted at children under sixteen (16) years of age. As such, Mixhalo does not process or disclose Personal Information of minors under sixteen years of age. If you believe we have collected personal information about a child under sixteen, please contact us using the How to Contact Us Section above.
15. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
In most cases your personal information is directly transferred from your device to our servers. Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in the United States and in any other country where Mixhalo or its affiliates, subsidiaries or third party service providers maintain facilities or personnel. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective). We follow applicable data protection laws when transferring personal data.
Have more questions? We’re here to help, so please contact us.
Mixhalo does not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes (pursuant to California Civil Code Sec. 1798.83).